Current Contests and Promotions
Official Contest Rules
Active Duty Military and Federal Employees. Enter for your chance to win a PS5, Xbox Series X or one of the vari ous awesome prizes like a 50″ 4K TV, Oculus Quest VR Headset, LG Gaming Monitor, and more!
Fill out an official entry form found at the entry location or go to our website at
https://afbn.us/tax-planning-giveaway to enter. No purchase necessary to enter or win. All Entrants must be Active Duty Military, DoD Federal Employees, Coast Guard, or Active Duty Reserves. One entry per qualified person. Earn extra entries when you refer a friend to get their taxes done by AFBN Tax Service or an affiliate, leave a verified review of our services at Better Business Bureau, www.bbb.org; Certified Consumer Reviews www.cerfitiedconsumerreviews.com; or Facebook, www.facebook.com. Refer a Friend who sets up an appointment with AFBN or one of its affiliates to discuss retirement planning or review their military benefits, submit a story to AFBN about AFBN’s products, services, or your experience with them, get your taxes done by Armed Forces Tax Service or an affiliate, set an appointment with a representative to discuss your retirement planning or review your military benefits.
No purchase or transaction required to enter or win. Bonus entries can be obtained with or without purchase; therefore, a purchase will not increase your odds of winning. Valid only in participating locations of Armed Forces Benefits Network and its affiliates. Void where prohibited.
Eligibility: Goodbye 2020… Hello 2021! (the “Promotion”) is open to any active duty military of the US Armed Forces, US Army, US Marine Corp., US Navy, US. Air Force, US Coast Guard, US Space Force, and US Active Duty Reservists, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and a1re. active duty in the US Armed Forces, at the time of entry. Employees of AFBN,
Consolidated Financial, IA American, AA Group, Colorado Bankers, Metropolitan Life, Government Personnel Benefits and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
- Sponsor and Administrator: AFBN, P.O. Box 750146, Las Vegas, NV 89136 (“AFBN” or “Sponsor”). Administrator: Specialties Management, Inc, P.O. Box 750146, Las Vegas, NV 89136. (“Specialties Management, Inc” or “Administrator”).
- Timing: The Promotion begins on January 25, 2021 at 12:00, a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 15, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit any authorized entry location or enter at website https://afbn.us/tax-planning-giveaway, and complete and submit the registration form including the name of military personnel, a valid address, phone number, and email address. Once you submit your entry form you will officially be entered into the Promotion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Bonus entries may also be earned by completing the actions as outlined below:
Submit a story about AFBN’s products, services, or your experience with AFBN or one of its affiliates. (limit of 1). Earn one (1) bonus entry.
Get your free tax return done in one of our office locations. (If for any reason AFBN or one of its affiliates can’t complete your tax return due to unforeseen complexities, missing information, etc.) you will still get the bonus entries. Earn one (1) bonus entry.
Refer a friend to Armed Forces Tax Services. Earn one (1) bonus entry. Unlimited entries Refer a friend to AFBN for any service offered by AFBN or one of its affiliates. Earn one (1) bonus entry. Unlimited entries
Leave a certified review at one of the three websites indicated above and Earn one (1) bonus entry. (Limit three (3)
Alternate Method of Entry: To enter by website go to www.afbn.us and complete the official entry form. To enter by mail or fax, pick up and official entry form at any participating locations or and mail in the entry to P.O. Box 750146, Las Vegas, NV 89136 or fax it to 866- 799-4918 To review a copy of the “Official Rules” see entry locations or go to www.afbn.us to print out Official Rules.
Intentional Duplicate entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, modifications to registrant’s information, or any other methods of multiplying entries will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified including extra entries earned within the rules of this Sweepstakes. Use of any automated program to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners will be required to show proof that he/she is a member of US Armed Forces Active Duty Military, Coast Guard or actively in the Reserves.
In accordance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, the fair market value associated with either prize will be reported to the IRS and winner on a form 1099 Misc.
- Sweepstakes: The administrator is an independent organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes Promotion. The administrator will randomly select potential winners from all eligible entries between Jan 25th to April 16th, 2021. A random computer-generated winning, for various prizes listed, will be generated during the Promotional Period.
- Verification of Winners: All potential winners are subject to verification by the Sponsor or administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. An entrant is not a winner of any prize indicated below, even if the Sweepstakes should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and the potential sweepstakes winner has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by mail, email, or phone. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be required to sign and return to Specialties Management, Inc., within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or a prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that any potential winner is disqualified or forfeits a prize for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be a maximum of three (3) alternate drawings for each such prize after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: Sweepstakes Prize: Two (2) GRAND PRIZES:
- Brand new PS5. Total value not to exceed $1,000. The winner will receive the latest generation Playstation. The odds of winning the Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner will not receive a difference between actual and approximate retail value.
- Xbox Series X. Total prize value not to exceed $1,000. The winner will receive the latest generation Xbox. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner will not receive a difference between actual and approximate retail value.
For All Prizes: The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The combined ARV or Cash value of all prizes to be distributed or awarded is not to exceed $5,000.
- Release: By participating in this Promotion and/or the receipt of any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Specialties Management, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in section 14 below, entrant’s personal information and except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, stories, reviews and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered or to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from Sponsors’ or Promoters’ Web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by any Sponsor, Promoter, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor’s or Promoter’s Web site by a hypertext link.. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the State of Nevada or the appropriate Nevada State Court located in Clark County, Nevada (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nevada or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nevada.
- Opt-Out Notice: If you do not wish to be contacted or receive additional Promotion mailings from Sponsor, please write to Sponsor at Attn: Marketing Department, AFBN, P.O. Box 750146, Las Vegas, NV 89136 or fax it to 866-799-4918. To review a confirmation provide your name, address, and or email address used to register for the Promotion, and a statement requesting that the Sponsor discontinue contacting you or sending promotion mailings to you. Please allow up to sixty (60) days to process requests.
NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.