More U.S. citizens live in California than in any other state. In fact, 8% of the total U.S. veteran population resides in the sunshine state. Los Angeles is the home to over 300,000 veterans alone. If you live in California yourself and are a veteran, or if you have a loved one in the state that qualifies as a veteran, then you need to know the available veteran benefits for California residents. These are the California benefits that you just may be eligible for (according to AmericanVeteranSaid.com).
- Tax benefits for business license, tax and fee waiver; property tax exemptions, itinerant veteran vendors and nonprofit organizations.
- College fee waiver for Veteran Dependents – for community colleges, State universities and University of California campuses.
- State parks and recreation pass – for disabled vets, POWs and Medal of Honor recipients.
- License plates – with the armed forces of veterans’ service organization logo of your choice.
- Licenses for fishing and hunting – reduced fee licenses for disabled vets
To learn more about tax benefits specifically offered to California residents, contact the Armed Forces Benefits Network so that we may help you in gathering the exact information that you need so that you can make informed decisions about your finances. This include expert advice from experienced consultants, as well as guidance on budgeting strategies and local and federal laws that may affect what you can and can’t be offered.
Leave A Comment